Njeri Rionge rose to build a multi-billion business empire after having been a high school milk vendor. She used to sell milk to school student's from a friend's car boot and went on to co-found multi-billion Wananchi Group that runs pay TV Zuku and also
owns three other IT firms.
Njeri describes herself as an entrepreneur, corporate director and
business strategist.
The techpreneur has lived and worked in Nairobi, Toronto(Canada) London
(UK), Texas and Dallas(USA), Barcelona (Spain), Rome (Italy) and Athens
(Greece).
She is definitely one of the best success stories that Kenya has at a time when a report
by the World Bank indicate that four in every 10 Kenyans are grappling
with poverty.
I
used to sell yoghurt out of the back of a friend’s car to High School
students during their breaks. I was working as a hairdresser at the
time which is how I bought my initial stock - See more at:
http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/article-175419/high-school-milk-vendor-now-plays-billionaires-league#sthash.QntcAt93.dpuf
I
used to sell yoghurt out of the back of a friend’s car to High School
students during their breaks. I was working as a hairdresser at the
time which is how I bought my initial stock - See more at:
http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/article-175419/high-school-milk-vendor-now-plays-billionaires-league#sthash.QntcAt93.dpuf
I
used to sell yoghurt out of the back of a friend’s car to High School
students during their breaks. I was working as a hairdresser at the
time which is how I bought my initial stock - See more at:
http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/article-175419/high-school-milk-vendor-now-plays-billionaires-league#sthash.QntcAt93.dpuf
I
used to sell yoghurt out of the back of a friend’s car to High School
students during their breaks. I was working as a hairdresser at the
time which is how I bought my initial stock - See more at:
http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/article-175419/high-school-milk-vendor-now-plays-billionaires-league#sthash.QntcAt93.dpuf
Follow @africanewspost
