Four-year-old Nikita was saved from the claws of a fierce lion by her brave mom , Nina Chabarvo moments before the beast stated tearing her.
The dramatic incident happened while the toddler and his mum were visiting 'Drakon' Zoo in Makhachkala, the capital city of the Republic of Dagestan in south-western Russia.
Fortunately the toddler was not hurt in the attack, but local police confirmed that, as a result of a complaint by Nikita's family, the zoo was being investigated. The footage was filmed by zoo visitor Aleksey Tadarov, 27, who was randomly filming the animals when he captured the drama.He said: "I thought it was great to get the chance to see all these animals close up but I was really shocked when the lion pounced.
“I stood there frozen in shock with the camera rolling in front of me and then it was suddenly over. Were it not for the mother the animal would have definitely fed on her and It could easily have turned into tragedy.
Source: mirror.co.uk Follow @africanewspost
