-->

NJERI MUCHERU Is Now A Single Woman After Parting Ways With Her Husband...Here's How She Is Enjoying Her Single Life

It almost destroyed me but it goes without saying that what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. I concur with this, especially after what happened to my marriage. I’m definitely a much stronger person now than I was before. I used to live in a bubble.

The bubble suddenly burst and I came falling down with a thud. The Bible says that all things (good and bad) work for good for those who love the Lord and are called according to His purpose.

I believe that firmly. I’m now settled down in my new home with my children and I’m beginning to explore myself to discover who I am and what I enjoy afresh. Being single has given me the freedom to do what I want without considering what anyone else but God will think or want.

I can have and do whatever I want and it feels good. I am enjoying myself thoroughly. They say that life begins at 40. That saying rings very true for me. I feel like I have been born again. I have made some major changes in my life that I am sure I would not have made had I still been married.

I take alcohol once in a while and when I do, I take only one or two glasses of wine. I do not allow myself to even get tipsy but I still enjoy the alcohol. I also play golf. Speaking of which, my daughter won in her first junior open golf competition and that has given me more incentive to continue with the never-to-ending struggle of learning to play golf.

I have made some new friends in the golfing circles. I have definitely become more sociable now than I was before. I love people and I enjoy making new friends. I believe in the goodness of humanity in spite of all the wrong things going on around us. But somehow we all have to survive in this world. On my part, I would say that I am past surviving. I am living.

@Njeri Mucheru
Advertisemen

Related Posts