Kalekye however gave her remarks concerning the issue;
“As soon as I shared the photos for the breast cancer awareness campaign, some guys told me that is not my image. That I shouldn’t do that. This is is not about image, I have lost people I know to cancer. It is not a joke. I would rather remove my top than die,” Kalekye said
“Doing the photo shoot was really difficult. I have a big bust and I had to take off my top, and cover up with the helmet and pray that everything stays in there. The essence of doing the photo shoot is to tell everyone that it is difficult to get up and go and get checked but you do it anyway. We had to stand there and do many poses. It was difficult but it was made easy by the fact that the other actresses were there to support me. This is also true with anyone planning on going to hospital to get checked, if you are nervous about it, go with a friend, the message is about supporting each other.
“Doing the photo shoot was really difficult. I have a big bust and I had to take off my top, and cover up with the helmet and pray that everything stays in there. The essence of doing the photo shoot is to tell everyone that it is difficult to get up and go and get checked but you do it anyway. We had to stand there and do many poses. It was difficult but it was made easy by the fact that the other actresses were there to support me. This is also true with anyone planning on going to hospital to get checked, if you are nervous about it, go with a friend, the message is about supporting each other.
Advertisemen
